Getting the U Visa process can be long, daunting, and heart-wrenching. Having an attorney help you or your loved one through the process may be the key to your success. Contact the Law Offices of Gopal Shah at (510) 402-4570 today.
What is U Visa?
U visa is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.
Who is Eligible for U Visa Status?
You may be eligible for U visa if:
- You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity.
- You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of criminal activity.
- You have information about the criminal activity.
- You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.
- The crime occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.
- You are admissible to the United States. If you are not admissible, you may apply for a waiver.
What are Qualifying Criminal Activities?
*Includes any similar activity where the elements of the crime are substantially similar.
†Also includes attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of the above and other related crimes.
Contact an Immigration Attorney Today to apply for U Visa
At the Law Offices of Gopal Shah, we can help you to get the U Visa for you. Contact our office today to learn more about the U visa.